Squid and red mullet fritters
- 500 grams trill (red mullet ) cleaned and filleted
- 500 grams squid cleaned
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 small pepperoncino
- ½ tsp castor sugar
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp of fresh grated ginger
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 200 grams plain flour ( 00 ) for dusting
- 1 litre vegetable oil for frying
- Pinch of salt and white pepper for seasoning
- For garnish wedge of lime and a few sprigs of garden cress/ (micro herbs) or fresh mint
In a food processor add all the dressing ingredients blend well until very smooth
Heat the vegetable oil in a small saucepan dust the fish in some flour and season with salt and pepper, make sure squid and fish are clean properly and cut into small pieces, about a good bite size, when oil is hot cook the squid for about 2 minutes remove and set aside then cook red mullet for about a minute, remove and set aside on a paper towel too.
Plate the fish on a long plate now if you want look like a pro, paint some squid ink on the bottom of the plate and place the fish one by one on top of it pour the dressing over it and garnish with a few garden cress and a wedge of lime.